Skiworld raise £15,000 for charity partner, Snow-Camp
22nd May 2019
Category : News
For the 2018/19 season, running from 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019, Skiworld managed to raise £15,000 for charity partner, Snow-Camp through a number of fundraising initiatives. Snow-Camp are a national youth charity dedicated to turning around the lives of some of the UK’s most underprivileged inner-city young people with the power of skiing, snowboarding, life-skills, qualifications and vocational opportunities.
Skiworld fundraising initiatives included:
- Auction ski holiday for Snow-Camps 15 Year Anniversary Ball
- UK office Christmas jumper party
- Pre-paid donations (online and over the phone)
- In resort donations
- End of Season Challenge
£5,000 will pay for two full Snow-Camp bursaries at £2,500 each. All remaining funds will be used to pay for as many young people as possible to join Snow-Camps 2-day beginner First Tracks programme running this summer at £100 each.
The programmes aim to:
- Increase life-skills
- Increase focus and sense of belonging
- Raise attainment, ambition, aspirations
- Improve communication and relationships
- Increase pathways into training or employment and familiarisation with the world of work
- Decrease motivation to take part in anti-social or extreme behaviour
- Support other young people at risk of crime or victims of crime
We will continue to work with Snow-Camp to turn young lives around. Over the next twelve months we will be following the progress of the young people benefitting from the First Tracks programme and on the two on full bursaries and reporting on this on our website and social media.